Prosperity Village Branding | Charlotte, NC
Prosperity Village is a small community in the northern part of Charlotte, NC. During the past few years, the area has expanded in many ways. More residents have started moving to the area, more restaurants and areas of attraction are being built, and more community involvement (volunteerism, events, etc.) is on the horizon.
We worked directly with the Prosperity Village Area Association and community members throughout this project. Both parties had the chance to submit their opinions about the area prior to us starting any design or development. One of the main goals of this project was to create a brand system that could be incorporated into every part of the community, especially on signage and their website.
Every community deserves a shot at improvement, and this project was the starting point. “Being involved” is a huge goal for this area, so the community members also had a chance to vote on the final brand to represent Prosperity Village.
The key takeaways from the survey and voting process were that Prosperity Village is definitely still a more traditional area that is family-friendly, but it also has a very diverse population and has many opportunities for expansion and growth as a community.
Some of the process pieces and final deliverables for this project were:
- Community survey to gauge feelings and opinions about living and working in the area. These results were shared with the board and community members.
- Brand moodboard — This was originally used to display concepts to the board.
- Community voting — After the board approved two directions, the community had a chance to vote on the final concept to be used.
- Business card design
- Social media profile images
- Logo variations
- Brand standards manual touching on the key elements like logo usage, fonts and colors.
BRAND STANDARDS MANUAL